Remote Learning guidance for parents and students during school closure.
- Remote Learning Timetable Year 7 - 11
- Student information on completing tasks via Firefly during Remote Learning – Year 7 - 11
- Logging into Firefly / Accessing Firefly on your iPad
- Reading tasks during Remote Learning
We are continuing to monitor the situation with guidance from Public Health and the Local Authority. As part of our planning we would like to remind you how students can remotely access learning resources through our digital platform Firefly.
Parents have access to Firefly to view Timetables, Homework, Attendance & Academic Reports, tasks and more by logging into the school’s Parent Portal here. Any parent wishing to access Firefly via a mobile device can do so here for an iOS device or here for an Android device. The school code prior to login is HOVEPARK
All students have access to Firefly with their school login and password. Every student has a login that begins with the year they joined Hove Park School followed by their surname and first initial. E.g. For Joe Bloggs who joined in 2018 18Bloggsj@hovepark.org.uk
For any issues trying to connect with remote learning please contact email@example.com. Should parents wish to contact teachers/Year teams/Tutors regarding their child they are able to do via email. Please be aware there may be a delay to a response in some cases due to the current situation with absence/sickness/self-isolation of COVID-19. Staff will usually respond within 48 hours where possible.
Current information (click to download files)
The government have made the decision to cancel this summer’s exams as part of the action they are taking to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
Ofqual released information on Friday 3rd April 2020 with details about how grades will be awarded. A summary of their announcement can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/how-gcses-as-a-levels-will-be-awarded-in-summer-2020
A document providing guidance for teachers and parents can be accessed here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/gcses-as-and-a-level-awarding-summer-2020.
A letter to students from Ofqual explaining how grades will be awarded can be found here.
A letter from the school to parents and carers about the Ofqual announcement can be found here.
If you have any additional queries about this summer’s exams, please contact us on this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Corona virus advice translated in many languages.
Languages: English, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Dari, Farsi, French, Hindi, Kurdish Surani, Malayalam, Mandarin, Pashto, Portuguese, Somali, Spanish, Tigrinya, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese
Coming VERY soon: Polish, Punjabi, Romanian
Coronavirus advice translated in many languages: https://www.doctorsoftheworld.org.uk/news/coronavirus-information/
Click on the ‘Google drive here’ link.
‘@YourSpace’ will not be monitored whilst the school is shut. If you, or a friend, feel you would like to talk to someone or you are worried about your mental health or well-being - please make contact:
Young Minds: Text YM to 8528. www.youngminds.org.uk
Samaritans: 116 123. email@example.com
- A new shared mailbox for the BHISS Schools Welling Service is now available so that parents/professionals can make an enquiry and seek advice from a Primary Mental Health Worker: SWSConsultationLine@brighton-hove.gov.uk or call 01273 293481 and leave a message.
- There is a new inbox for the Specialist Community Disability Service should there be any concerns around care needs and support: SCDSPartner@brighton-hove.gov.uk
- For other areas of SEND parents/professionals can send enquiries to BHISS@brighon-hove.gov.uk This inbox will be checked on daily basis and be followed up by an Educational Psychologist, Specialist teacher or practitioner. Alternatively, parents/schools could call the generic BHISS telephone number 01273 293481 and leave a message.
- Amaze helpline will be open to provide families with up to date information, advice and support. Parents can email, text or phone. See website: amazesussex.org.uk or call 01273 772289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
School’s Wellbeing Service
The School’s Wellbeing Service will not be able to meet with young people and families or offer consultation sessions due to COVID 19. In order to support the wellbeing of our young people and families we are offering our consultation helpline on a daily basis.
Schools Wellbeing Service Consultation line email SWSConsultationLine@brighton-hove.gov.uk, leaving name and phone number, and someone will respond as soon as possible.
Home Alone Guidance for parents
Information/Advice line to support the education of children previously in care
email@example.com or 07808 717796. Outside Tue - Fri 9-3pm term times, you can contact colleagues at the Virtual School who will do their best to advise on 01273 293992 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or see contact information on our website http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/children-and-education/schools/virtual-school-children-care-and-previously-care
Practical support for pupils
- Childline - for support
- UK Safer Internet Centre - to report and remove harmful online content
- CEOP - for advice on making a report about online abuse
Support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online includes:
- Internet matters - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- London Grid for Learning - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware - for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safer Internet Centre - advice for parents and carers