At Hove Park School & Sixth Form College we are committed to providing our students with a comprehensive programme of careers information, education, advice and guidance.
Careers and work-related education is an important part of the wider curriculum that we offer within the school to our students.
We strive to follow the Gatsby Benchmarks
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
The careers programme at Hove Park School is delivered to years 7 to 13 through:
- Start Profile Careers platform
- Hove Park School Careers Fair
- GCSE/Post 16 option evenings
- Guest Speakers
- Learning for Life Sessions
- One to one Career Interviews
- Work Related Learning programme
- Enterprise Workshops
There is a structured timetable for careers throughout the school, which can be downloaded here:
The school will give students information about subject choices, and also holds an options events throughout KS3 and KS4 to inform students. It is important that students choose subjects they find enjoyable, but also to keep a good balance.
Students keep a record of achievement throughout their time at Hove Park School to help them write a CV in preparation for the world of work and further studies.
The Careers Team:
Mr Matthew Warwick – Head of PSHE/Careers - firstname.lastname@example.org - 01273 295002Please click below to see further information