Creative Media News
Creative Media is an exciting, dynamic and fast-changing aspect of our increasingly digital world. The creative media industries form a significant part of our national economy. Brighton and Hove is a well establish digital ‘creative hub’ outside London.
This will appeal to students who are interested in working in web or publishing design or perhaps in marketing or event management. This course is a good fit for students who wish to:
- Develop creative ICT skills to develop websites, podcasts and digital publishing content
- Learn software that professionals use in the creative media industries e.g. Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Audacity, Fireworks and HTML to name a few
- Learn how creative media industries like those used in producing dance, music and drama events communicate via web technologies and social media
- Committed to attending weekly after school sessions to work independently using professional software and technologies required of the course
- Learn how to plan, manage, present and market digital projects and work effectively with others
- Enjoy being creative with words, images and ideas!
How is this qualification assessed?
75% controlled assessment, 25% exam
The majority of this course (75%) is coursework and is assessed by the teacher and then checked by the exam board. The breakdown is as follows:
- Unit 1 Exam 25% – Creating a proposal in response to a brief.
- Unit 2 Controlled Assessment 25% – Creating an outcome in response to a brief. Portfolio. Internally assessed by the teacher and externally moderated by the exam board.
- Unit 3 Controlled Assessment 50% – Skills development. Portfolio. Internally assessed by the teacher and externally moderated by the exam board.